BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 26, 2009

Yesterday/fathers Day

We pretended Yesterday was Fathers Day. We were supposed to go over to the Simpson's house for dinner to celebrate fathers day so I did not plan anything, but when the home folk came down with a bacteria it was best to call it off. So, we did not do anything on fathers day except go to church. So, yesterday I planned a dinner since I knew Chad would be home early to go out with the Missionaries. I told Kipling our plan and needed him to co-operate. Kipling helped me get all of the ingredients out for the cookies and then we had to wait for the butter to soften. The waiting part is where it gets Kipling. He went to go and play with Kitty and it went down hill from there. It ended however, with hitting sada in the head with his plastic dog. He was sent to bed/nap early. I was able to put Sada down for a nap at the same time and was able to make the cookies by myself. Sada woke up while I was cooking the second to last batch of cookies. I had to cook them in my Advantium Oven since I had cleaned my stove/oven and took the racks out and left them out-I also left the scrubber in the oven and so when I turned it there was a nasty smell. So the Advantium it was. The cookies turned out really good. Then it was time to call Chad to see when he was going to get home. At this time it was about 5:00 and he is now at a job in Pinehurst an hour and a half away. He said he would not be able to leave for at least an hour, so I let him know he had to call and cancel with the Missionaries since he would not be home in time-I did give the Missionaries a heads up the night before about him not getting home on time. Sorry to any of you whose husband had to fill in at the last miniute. Any way he got home about 7 and I had dinner almost ready. So, Chad took Kitty and the kids to the neighbors house to play while I was finishing the last miniute touches to dinner. Dinner turned out really good I made Chicken with barbeque sacue, bacon and cheese, with a baked potato on the side, and corn on the cob. I had the table set and we were ready to go. Kip cried the entire meal, Sada on the other hand did really well and just sat there eating Kiplings chicken. Then since it was so late Sada started crying since she was tired and it was her bed time so Chad put her to bed. While he was putting her to bed we got a phone call....It was one of our lovely neighbors from Bellewood Farms (where we own our land). He just kept on going on and on with Chad about when he was going to mow the stinking lot. Chad told him that he could not promise anything but we would try and do it soon but could not commit a date. Anyway this went back and forth for about 15 miniutes. So, I get frustrated one because I wanted to have a nice meal and it is turning out horrible two because our neighbor calls us and grills us on when we are going to mow our grass so they can sell the three houses for sale in the neighborhood-that is right our lot is stopping the three houses for sell in the neighborhood from selling, three because Chad should have already mowed the lot or had our neighbor at the lot mow it for $25 a month four both of our children are screaming. So, my nice wonderful day turned out to be horrible. I just wanted to cry.

1 comments:

Miche said...

Awe, I'm sorry your day turned out so badly. And how cute is that cat? She is adorable!