BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Child's Imagination

Kipling has had a imaginary pet mouse for about two years now, and about a year and a half a go I told him his pet mouse was lonely and needed a friend to stay outside with him. So, he came up with a couple of mice but I guess they were to boring so he made up an elephant to be friends with pet mouse and they keep each other company outside(the rule is they have to stay outside). About a week ago I read a friends blog and her daughter just realized her imaginary friends were not real and are gone. Kipling two days later we were sitting eating Breakfast he looks outside finds his mouse and elephant and wants them to come inside. I tell him they are outside friends they do not come in....well he then tells me we have a Lion, a Zebra, a Giraffe, some Monkeys, a Mommy Kangaroo and I think there were some more I have forgotten all of the animals there were a lot, these are the animals that have stayed around, all in our house. I said, "WOW we have a ZOO in our house." "Yes, Mommy a ZOO" So, I told him since all of these other animals were in our house it was not nice to keep the mouse and the elephant outside. So, he lets them in. They come in through our bay window in the kitchen. I can understand how the mouse gets in but the Elephant--have not quite figured that one out. We are now up to a family of Kangaroos a Mommy, Daddy, Brother, Sister and Baby. And the Kangaroos come to visit him at night while he is sleeping.
On Tuesday we were jumping on the Trampoline we had lots of visitors these are some of them just to name a few--Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, of course all of the Kangaroos came but the Dad had to leave and go to work, his Elephant, and Mouse. Meanwhile Sada was inside sleeping so I told Kipling I had to go inside and check on Sissy. He tells me "Mommy Kangaroo is checking on Sissy". So, I have to figure out a way to get inside with out hurting his feelings. SO, I told him Mommy Kangaroo needs help, "No, she doesn't" Okay I have to go inside and get Sissy out of bed. Mommy Kangaroo is getting Sissy out of Bed. I gave up just got off the trampoline and we came inside and he told me, "See Mommy, Mommy Kangaroo is watching Sissy."
This Mommy Kangaroo I wish she really was around she could help out so much.
Yesterday on the way home from the Library I asked Kipling if he was going to help out with Baby Spencer and he said, "Yes, and Mommy Kangaroo too"
I just laughed.
He is so funny.....We will see what he comes up with next.
He has been coming up with off the wall comments I will have to post a little later.
What a funny Kid. Gotta LOVE HIM:)

1 comments:

AR Ledoux said...

So adorable. Great that you are documenting it all down. We tend to forgot easily how sweet and inocent they are when they are so little.
Spencer...is that the new little mans' name? I knew a baby Spencer and it is a great name!