BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friday-What a day!!

Jr. eating strawberries
Sada looking for that perfect strawberry to eat
Kipling and Little Dude looking for strawberries
Spencer is sleeping through it all
Sada eating as she goes, no strawberries make it to the bucket
Kip and Little Dude taking a break
Here they are Kipling, Little Dude, Sada and Jr. resting after picking strawberries and eating ice cream
Friday was a long day for me. Everyone woke up early, so I decided that we would go to Aldi after everyone ate Breakfast and dressed. After Breakfast and in between getting dressed my friend Miche called me to see if we wanted to go strawberry picking with them. I of course said yes and my thought was now I would go after we picked strawberries. We get to the strawberry farm and waited for Miche. She got a little lost so I helped her get back on track and when they got there and after feeding Spencer we were off picking strawberries. Porter Farms strawberries were much better than Smith's nursery and were a lot cheaper. Instead charging by the pound like Smith's they charge by the bucket ($8). Spencer slept through most of it until Sada decided she was done eating the strawberries and wanted to play with Spencer. She would take out his pacifier and he would cry so I would go over and put the pacifier in his mouth, meanwhile she has run off. But, as soon as I got Spencer calmed down and the pacifier back in his mouth and back in the car seat, here comes Sada out of nowhere. We did this little game several times until I just gave up and held Spencer until my friend was done picking. She then took all the kids bought them ice cream. Meanwhile during one of the games Sada took the Camera out of the Camera bag and was playing with it. While the kids were eating ice cream, I went finished picking two buckets and was off to make sure Sada still had my camera and pay for the strawberries. I paid for the strawberries and then went to ask Sada where the camera was. Her response, "I do'n know". So I go and ask the lady if anyone turned in a camera NOPE was the reply. So, off I was looking for this camera. Getting frustrated but not trying to show it especially to the kids. I look everywhere, up and down the rows, all around the farm, under the shelter, in the parking lot, in the plants, and under the plants. After an hour of searching I found it hidden nicely under one little strawberry plant. After finding the camera and settling down the kids ran around and I bought them some fresh limeade (so good). Spencer was getting hungry so I decided we needed to get in the car and go. I put the kids in and started to feed Spencer and went to start the car only to hear click, click, click, OH MY!!! I tell my friend Miche I need a jump and she moves her car in position so we can jump it. She is reading the directions on her jumper cables when a man comes over to help. Meanwhile I am still sitting in the car feeding Spencer. Miche tells the man she needs to turn off her can, the man says oh no don't worry. He puts on the cables when he puts the cables on my car it sparks, OH MY, then tells me to try to start my car....NOTHING. OH MY I think he has broken my car. The lady he was with had jumper cables and those worked thank goodness. I came straight home no Aldi. I had to clean the strawberries, make freezer jam and try to figure out what to do with the rest of them. Then I had to pack the car to go to my Mothers house. I think someone was really trying to test my patience. The Day was over and we made it safe and sound to my Mothers house. Which is another entry.

0 comments: