BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

POOR SPENCER

I noticed Sat., Sun. and Mon. Spencer was warm but was shivering. Saturday I was trying to get everything ready for Spencer's blessing so I was busy and Chad had him almost all day except for feedings. My Mother came to me on Sunday and told me that he was hot and need to to change into some cooler clothes.....UMMMM. Monday he was still hot and we had a rough night so in the morning while I was changing his diaper I decided that I would check his temperature and sure enough he had a fever. His temperature was 100 degrees even (I thought I knew I had a perfect child). I waited a little bit to check his temp. again and it was still 100 degrees even. I called NURSE PAM she told me that I needed to bring him in since he was so young. He was also whimpering all day. POOR SPENCER, I felt so bad. I could not give him any Tylenol since they recalled it. So, I had to call Chad to get the go ahead to take him in and be seen. The doctors office was closed for lunch so I had to wait to schedule and appoint. We get put on the 5:00 list since all of the appointments had been taken and nurse Pam told me to get there early so I can be seen before the mad rush comes in at 5pm. We get there and the doctor comes in and checks him over, he has an ear infection (OH MY). Since he is so young he had to go through some other test has well. They had to put a Catheter in him and check his Urine, then he had to have a CBC test by pricking his heel and get blood. OH POOR SPENCER he screamed the whole time and I do not blame him the whole thing looked like it hurt. The CBC test and the Urine all check out fine, so he is now on Antibiotics for 10 days for his ears. OH MY this has already started. At two weeks we Both had THRUSH this affected me much more than it affected him, but he still had to be on antibiotics, and now at 4 almost 5 weeks he has to be on them again. One good thing out of the doctors visit was we were able to see how much he weighed. Spencer weighed in at a whopping 10lbs. 14 oz. They did comment on how big and healthy he was other than his ears.
Chad's Mom called me today and mentioned something that I had never heard of before and thought I would bring it to others attention and that is the Whooping Cough Vaccination for the MOTHERS. You are supposed to get it either before you have the baby or right after so it can sustain the baby until he/she gets his/her vaccines when they are 2 months old. So, if you are pregnant or plan on having a baby ask your doctor about this. I am going to ask mine when I go for my 6 weeks check up. Chad's Mom said a lady in her ward (church) had it before she left the hospital. But, no one said anything to me about it and maybe Spencer would not have an ear infection right now. Who knows.
Anyone who has infant or Child Tylenol or Motrin should discontinue using it right away. They have found traces of Mold as well as incorrect dosage (the medicine is to strong), not good. You can go to this website for more info. http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/.
Thanks to my friend Cathy who sent this info to me.

2 comments:

anderson's said...

Sorry your little guy isn't feeling well! Glad you found out about the tylenol. We will say a little prayer for him! Big hugs, miss you!

Dianna said...

Poor Spencer :(!